Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Letter from 8/27/14

Holy moly. So much has happened. The MTC is nothing like I imagined. Since there are so many spanish speakers, we have a whole campus to ourselves. We're in the Raintree Complex. It used to be family housing for BYU, but now it's 6 elders in an apartment with 2 bathrooms. It's pretty beautiful. We've been to main campus 3 times so far, twice for devotionals and once on pday, today. The food there is SOOO MUCH BETTER. That's probably the worst part of our MTC experience. Everyday, we go around and everyone says the good and the bad of their day, and the bad so far has been like stubbing a toe or not getting mail. Mail is probably the highlight of our day. 

EVERYBODY'S TIRED.  We honestly don't get enough sleep. My companion and I struggle to get everything done by 11:00. Being district leader takes about an extra hour of things to do. But, it's worth it. Seeing my prayers answered after praying for the elders is absolutely ridiculous. It is so cool.  

My companion is Elder Faerber (pronounced Ferber) and he's awesome. 

The language is coming pretty easily for me, but my companion is struggling a lot. It's hard for me to progress as fast as I could, while having him struggle, but I'd much rather struggle in mexico a little bit than have him have NO idea what's going on.

Everybody told us that the time just flies after the first Sunday, and nobody in our district believed them, but now nobody knows where Monday and Tuesday went. I really love the MTC. It's a once in a life time opportunity and I'm really glad i'm enjoying it.

Elder Neal

Apartment Building
Elder Neal & Elder Faerber 



Elder Neal & Elder Faerber

Elder Neal prefers to sleep in his hammock

At the Provo Temple

All headed to Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment