Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Letter from 11/17/2014

Hey, I really never have enough time on the computer and it´s really hard. It´s never enough time... Haha.

So. This week was fun, but really difficult. We´re supposed to put 2 baptismal dates every day and we have put 3 this week. Our whole zone is down. A lot. Like half of our goal. It´s really hard to baptize the people because they first have to come to church for 6 weeks then they can be baptized. If they don´t come to church their baptismal date isn´t valid and we have to put it off. On saturday night i was told that I was gonna baptize someone the sunday. At 8 in the morning... and the font takes time to fill... so that was fun. We woke up earlier and did it. Missionary work´s really hard, but I know it´s the work of the lord. Something I learned this week was how I learn the Doctrines of the church. I don´t really like how I learn them, but I should start to like it. How I learn is by reading the stuff, and thinking about it, and by gaining all the knowledge I can and pray about it, and then over time, I just know it. It just starts to make sense. It all just comes together. Like the plan of salvation. We´re ETERNAL. We´re going to live for ETERNITY. It´s a truth that I was studying. Something else that I learned is that I should have made the gospel a bigger part of my life. I am asking people to change and to do things that will help their ETERNITY. If only other people could know that and accept it. IT´s true. Something else that I learned was that simply knowing doctrine and things doesn´t help unless you can present the doctrine in a way that the people can understand it. I have a problem with this. I´m working on it. Love you all. I hope this weeks better!

Elder Neal

P.S. Something else interesting is that this week, it was really cold on Wednesday night and Thursday, So cold, that I actually had to use my sweater. REALLY COLD. Haha, and I´m gaining weight! It´s so bad.

Love you!
Elder Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment