Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Letter from 10/13/2014

Current investigators for me have been jumbled and stuff and in Floresta, my assigned ward, and since someone in my district had surgery, his companion was in a trio with us and my real companion would go with a member to teach and I would go to Tejar and teach with the other Elder. His name is Elder Rodriguez and he doesn´t know any english and he´s really cool. The zone I´m in is called Reforma, we take taxis and busses most places, my assigned area I think is called Medellin. It´s a really safe place where we are. 


We have one family that doesn´t have a lot of money, but they love the Gospel. They aren´t married, so we have to do that before they can be baptized. But it costs money. This is a trial of their faith and we´ve been working with them and getting them papers for marriage from the Civil building in downtown veracruz, which is a long way away, but it´s been worth it. They really are awesome and I love seeing them change. They´re names are German, Margarita, Juan Carlos, Leonardo, and Bryan, but Bryan´s only 6 years old. I contribute quite a bit, but I don´t control the lesson.  

Some of my study time has brought forth fruit. Something I read in Jesus The Christ was really awesome.  Jesus said "I partook and finished my preparations among the children of men." That´s something that I hope i can say at the end of this life at the Judgement. One more quote from right after the atoning in gethsemane "Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my father, and he shall presently give me more than 12 legions of angels?" EXACT OBEDIENCE. Brings blessings. It works.

Close to a train, we were walking on the tracks and i happened to look back and it was coming, pretty cool.


Elder Rodriguez. He's our trio companion.

Our fridge on Sunday before P-day. The orange juice is actually gone.

I was Elder Rolly (Riley Rolly) for about 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment