Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Letter from 10/20/14

I asked Elder Neal a few questions. Here are his responses:

Tell us about your area.
In my area, it´s pretty normal. We´re in Reforma, our area is over a place called Puente Moreno, Los lagos de puente moreno, and Las vegas, 1,2,3, and 4. We´re in 3 different cities, one´s veracruz, one´s Medellin, annnnd I can´t remember the other... 

Have you been cooking and do you need any recipes?
Nope, just "hot cakes" -Pancakes and quesadillas and cereal and avena bars. and cookies. and bananas. because they´re cheap and we´re poor.

How is the washing machine working?
I only was my garments in the washing machine, and i guess every night I´ve been washing this shirt because I took all of my shirts and socks, minus the shirt and socks that I´m wearing to the laundry place and we haven´t had time to pick them up. so I´ve been wearing the same socks and shirt for 4 days in a row. I´ve had to iron my socks (I think he means shirts) every day... it´s awful.

What is your schedule on P-Day?
pday, get up study, do things that we need to do like get birth certificates for the people getting married and go get their marriages set up and everything, then go back and take care of laundry, do email, go back, study or sleep, eat, then work 6 - 9. I want to send back my pull up bar. all of the door frames here are like inside. they don´t protrude, so... 

LOVE YOU!
Elder Neal



A picture of my area.

Some food. That´s a whole fish and camarones.

Woke up and found my scriptures altered.

This family is from the sister missionaries, but we worked with them and taught them about 5 lessons too. My companion and I baptized the children. The mom and dad aren't married but are getting married this Thursday and the mom´s getting baptized this Saturday. They´re really cool! I baptized the little kid in the front. Chrisma Jaime. He jumped into the font and swam around and dunked his self before i had baptized him. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment