Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Letter from 7/13/2015

Rain, Rain GO AWAY.


I remember being in Oklahoma and being nice and safe in my house from most of the storms that we saw. There was a ton of water and lightning at a safe distance away and never was bothered by the rain, I actually danced in it. That was when I didn´t have to work in it. We´ve seen a ton of rain in this week. Actually the largest amount of rain we saw was Saturday night. Had a baptism planned for 6 o´clock and everything was good at that time, but as we started with the opening prayer. The thunder started booming. So the whole baptism had a nice lullabye of thunder outside with buckets full of water. The streets here in my tiny town weren´t made for the kind of water we were having so the streets were flooding. I was the lucky one in my companionship and had my flip-flops for the baptism so my real shoes didn´t have to get wet when we walked home. Not going to lie, having a canoe in this moment would have made it a lot faster getting home. My companion had the umbrella and the two of us couldn´t both fit under it and I sacrificed my self and returned to Oklahoma in my mind and danced like nobody could see, because I´m pretty sure that nobody could. It was a great walk back to the house. But the good thing is that everything worked out fine and made it safely home after the Baptism. 

One of the miracles that has been happening in this area is about the three ladies in the photo. The one in baptismal clothing is Maria, her daughter is Elizabeth, and her mom is Minerva. Maria was the first one that was really interested in what we had to share because God showed her a dream of us the day before we arrived at her house over 2 months ago. Elizabeth has recently confessed that all of those times that we came over with her mom she immediately went to hide. And Minerva just got baptized on Saturday. The miracle is that they have had so much faith in God and they have all made a lot of sacrifices to follow him. Elizabeth works at a walmart look-a-like and works every Sunday morning, but has an hour of food break and chooses to come to church for that. She also has considered heavily the Idea of serving a mission. This is a big change for hiding from the missionaries to wanting to be one. With all this going on they´ve agreed to save up enough money to go to the temple on the 8th of August. The miracles of God sure do show themselves. I know that God has worked in their lives to help them overcome their trials and I know that every one of you can also help someone receive this gospel. God gave Maria a dream to prepare her, and God is working for many of your close friends. I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Elder Neal
MisiĆ³n Mexico Veracruz







No comments:

Post a Comment