Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Letter from 7/20/2015


This week was transfers! Everybody knew I was a gonner when tranfers rolled around. My district leader has 4 weeks left and we were sure that he was going to have to stay because just 4 weeks and then the house? Doesn´t seem too efficient. And I already have two transfers in my area now, Lerdo, and I´ve never stayed more time than 2 transfers in an area and also this is my first time with a companion more than a transfer. So it´s basically a first time transfer. It´s going to be an awesome 6 weeks! 

This week was a really cool week. Our mission President has put a promise with us. That if we do 10 contacts and 3 Recent converts or less actives everyday, we´ll baptize every week. This is a super hard goal. When we start doing the contacts and start doing the recent converts we start getting a bigger bowl of new people to visit and less and less time to visit the 3 recent converts and do 10 contacts. So in this week we´ve been learning a little bit about the promises of God and how nothing should block our way from getting them. If God says that we should pay a tithing of 10% and promises us the blessing and we pay 8%, like doctrine and covenants says, "Ye have no promise." God promises the biggest blessings if we only drop what we think we have to do and just do what God wants. Like Nefi said "For thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen." In the days that we just dropped what we had planned and we fulfilled with God, He blessed us. Thank you all for your support, I hope you have a great week!

Elder Neal
MisiĆ³n Mexico Veracruz

I'm in the same area! Same companion! New elder in the district! Named Elder Dawson! He's from Mesa. Arizona. Super funny guy!

Just to let you know. I just shared a story last night with a family about that time that we ate a casserole that you made and that I had washed my hands with soap over it and when we ate it it tasted like soap and that I never told anyone until I was about 16. Yeah, they loved that! Love you mom! BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment