Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Letter from 1/5/2015 - A Ton of Pictures!

This last year was amazing. Graduated from high school and all the good stuff that comes with that and so much stuff has changed in my life from then until now. This time of year´s been really good to think about all the blessings I've had in this past year and recognizing these blessings also helps me recognize the blessings that I have right now in the mission. I loved this past week! We have been working with a family that´s gone through a lot and have been prepared by God for us. They were ready to change when my companion and his old companion found them and they were looking for the path to take that would help them. My companion´s old companion knocked on their door, and set a baptism date. They kept that date for 5 weeks, going to the church and keeping all the commitments for 5 weeks. And they finally got baptized this week. It was really really chaotic, but they got baptized. The day of their baptism, we were gonna go to their house, but we couldn't and we called them and they told us that they were already on their way. We were so happy and excited, but when they arrived, only 3 of the 4 that were supposed to be baptized came and the other said that she was sick and didn't come. At this time, the mission president is also doing interviews, so I´m in the interview and I get out and all this has happened and my companion went to go see if he could bring the other person to the baptism. She didn't come. But the next day, Sunday. she was ready to be baptized. It was mostly a lot of work because we had to heat the wáter because they said that they wanted warm wáter... haha. So we were at the church for 5 hours boiling wáter and heating wáter for them, and the one that wanted it the most didn't get it because she got baptized the next day... Haha. This week was fantastic. I hope that everything´s good for you! Love ya all!

Elder Neal

There was no explanation with any of the pictures. He just sent a bunch! I know the bright yellow walls are the shack they live in.


































No comments:

Post a Comment