Elder Neal in Veracruz

Elder Neal in Veracruz

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Letter from 2/2/2015

He didn't write a group email this week, but this is what I got (mostly to Nicole, but sent to Robert and I as well).

We know everything in our areas! I got transferred again! This is my 4 transfer and my 4 companion and 3 area. I´m in a place called Orizaba. My new companion´s Elder Mireles. I'm really excited to be here! Nicole, something I learned from my last transfer with Elder Rodriguez is diligence and relying on the Holy Ghost completely. We were blessed so much in the last transfer. Our district last time was of Elder Rodriguez and I and another companionship of 2 elders. We put a goal of 8 baptisms in January. We didn't have the dates or the people to do this. But Elder Rodriguez felt that we could do it. So we went to work and about half way through the month, we only had half the baptisms and since the investigators have to go to church 5 times before they can be baptized, we also didn't have any more until February. We were still working hard and this is when we saw the miracles. In a district class our zone leader told us that we had to go out with the members more often. So we tried to go out with them. In the first day that we went with a member he led us to a less active family who had a daughter that has 9 years and since her family's members, she can get baptized in 2 weeks. So we had that miracle and she got baptized and then the other, in the same day, remember Richard and Juan? Well, their mom wasn't gonna get baptized because the mom was gonna move the family to live with their unmarried dad in February. We weren't gonna baptize her just to commit a sin and live with her partner unmarried, so she wasn't gonna be baptized. But that day, she told us that they weren't gonna leave until July! So she got baptized and we baptized 8! I know that when we put goals in our lives, God helps us fulfill them if we try our best!

Elder Neal








No comments:

Post a Comment